TGCC 211 FOR 4
CHRISTCHURCH 167 for 8
Temple Grafton won by 44 runs
I’m going on a trip so here is a highlights/summary.
- Lewis Bilbrough’s magnificent maiden hundred. Increasing in pace, confidence and, dare I say, aggression.
- An equally fine 73 from Naylor.
- Not much else from a batting perspective.
- The return of Bob Slatter, that apologetic giant Rohan franchisee.
- Fine spell from the arch-strangler Howard Benjamin – 8-0-12.
- Ably supported by the tricky Gough (8-2-24) and Kirk (8-2-45).
- Weston was taken off for bowling 2-2-0-2 – yes, 2 wickets. We can hardly have that on a Sunday.
- Thompson was allowed to bowl 8 overs. There were some actual deliveries. And a wicket, courtesy of Benjamin’s catch sat on the fence at long off. Thompson received much approbation from his travelling fan-base.
- Christchurch’s Osbourne helped himself to a fine 77 not out.
- We won.
Lewis Bilbrough. Temple Grafton’s youngest ever Centurion at 16 years & 364 days.